Shooting the ball properly is an essential part of succeeding in soccer. At Dojo Acamedy, we make sure to focus on the basics and gradually work on more advanced skills. We will discuss the steps on how to shoot the ball on the field. This time we will focus on power shots and precision shots. Also, there is a video that shows the proper technique in action.
◦ Run up to the ball at a slight angle
◦ Make sure your run-up is fluent
◦ When you approach the ball plant your non-shooting foot right next to the ball with your toes pointing forward
◦ Take your shooting foot backwards while bending your knee
◦ Swing your shooting foot towards the ball
◦ Hit the ball with your laces slightly under the middle of the ball with your toes pointing down and slightly to the outside
◦ Lean back a bit as you shoot
◦ Have your swing be fluent, do not kick the grass as you shoot
◦ Make sure to follow through after you shoot
◦ Put plenty of power into your swing
◦ Locate your target
◦ Repeat steps 1-5 of the power shot
◦ Hit the ball with the inside of the foot pointing towards your target
◦ To add finesse, wrap your foot around the ball as you shoot to add the spin
◦ Bend over the ball to keep it low
◦ Bend backwards to shoot the ball high
Repeat steps 8-9 of the power shot
The goal of the power shot is to overwhelm your opponent. With the power shot, the opponent will not be able to block or counter the ball. This is a must-have in the soccer arsenal. This shot can be used in multiple situations and the benefits of practicing this will show.
The precision shot is just as important. This gives your child the ability to hit the ball whenever they want. Sometimes they need to kick the ball with spin to overcome the opponent's defense. Kicking curveballs are useful as well. With these shots, you can manuer the ball around the oppentent and confuse them. These techniques are used frequently by all the professional soccer
After practicing these skills for 30 minutes every day, your child will see significant improvements in their shooting abilities.